Who we are
Where we got your information
We collect and process the following information about you either from your use of our site, or your correspondence with us by post, phone or email:
- Information you give us. We collect and store the personal information that you submit through the site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information that you provide when you subscribe to any of our services. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, details of any comments you provide to us, payment information and any documents you may upload containing your personal information. We may also collect and process records of any correspondence and communications with us and telephone calls may also be recorded.
- Information we collect about you. We also collect and store the following information regarding each of your visits to our website:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products and / or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
What we need and why we need it
We may use information we hold about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to any of our services;
- to communicate with you to gain feedback on our products or services in order to improve them;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer your attendance at training courses;
- to respond to any queries you may raise via LiveChat on our website;
- to administer any contest or other promotional feature that you may enter with us and to notify winners; and
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may interest you.
Our legal basis for using your information
The legal grounds on which we rely to use your information are:
- To allow us to perform our contract with you:
- To allow us to exercise our legitimate interests as a data processor:
We generally don’t but we may use your personal information to contact you about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
We do not sell on, or give, your details to any third parties for subsequent use.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of any of your personal information for marketing purposes, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be given the opportunity in each marketing communication to opt-out of future marketing communications.
Your payment information
How long we hold your data
We will only hold your information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was obtained. There may be instances where we keep your personal information for longer periods for legal and regulatory purposes, such as to comply with our audit or revenue reporting obligations.
If you are not a customer and we have collected information about you, this will be deleted within 2 years.
Storage of your information, international data transfers and security
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or secure areas, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We won’t share your information with third parties, save as follows:
- with our payment processors for the purposes of processing your payment;
- with third party analytics suppliers that work with us for the purposes of producing aggregate statistics about customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information – we use this information for the purposes detailed above and the third party suppliers use this information to inform their own analytics products and services;
- with our event and training suppliers to allow us to deliver training, information sharing and events that you have opted to take part in.
We do not use your personal data to undertake any automated decision-making.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most websites do this too.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- whether you have visited our site previously
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that, some features of this site may not work as intended.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information that is processed by us. These rights are listed below. These rights are not absolute and apply subject to certain conditions, as set out in applicable data protection laws. Your rights may include:
- the right to access personal data held by us about you;
- the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, the right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you;
- in certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request;
- the right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you); and
- the right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services and products).
You can exercise these rights be contacting us using the details set out above.
Changes to this policy